Saturday, August 15, 2015

Barn Door (8/12/15)

I love the look of a sliding barn door on a metal track mounted above the door.  Awhile back we were thinking about where we could put one in the house and we thought of the laundry room door at the bottom of the steps.  We already put a door in, but that's ok.  Mike figured out he could take out the door and put that door on the wall by the water heater so we have access to it.  I love old doors!  They are so unique, I really love the old 5 panel doors so the thought of being able to pick something out for this was super exciting to me!

Tonight we had to go back to BMO to grab a couple more spindles for the railing and Mike decided to start picking through the doors to see if there was anything we liked for our barn door.  We did find a 5 panel one but also came across one that was a lot more rustic with knotty wood.  I fell in love with the knotty wood, I'm going to stain it a darker color so it stands out from all our other doors.  Maybe at some point we'll find a use for the 5 panel door, but for now I love what we picked!


We do lots of crazy hauling in the Explorer, this one had to rest on Mike's head ;)
The white door to the right is the laundry room door that will come off

No comments:

Post a Comment