Friday, August 5, 2016

Downstairs Bathroom Trim (8/4/16)

Tonight Mike finished putting the base trim in the bathroom downstairs.  



Awhile back we decided that we were going to tile the wall above the tub surround downstairs and the ceiling above it because the ceilings are low.  We figured water would splash up there when showering and didn't want to take the chance of it getting damaged.  So when we finished the bathroom I didn't finish mudding that area and didn't paint it in anticipation for the tile.  Fast forward a couple years and I've changed my mind on the tile that I want up there.  We tried to return the tile that we already bought and the store won't return it since we don't have the receipt and they no longer carry it.  So for now we've decided not to tile at all; kids are short at this point and mostly take baths, if in the future it becomes a problem we can tile it then.........so that means the wall and ceiling need to be finished and painted.  Nooooooooo, I have to mud again!!  I didn't see myself having to mud again this soon, but here I am :)  Excited for a finished bathroom though!



So now that the AC is fixed, other things must break right!?!?!  Today I hear water dripping in the storage room downstairs, open the door and yep the floor is all wet and water is pouring from the ceiling.  The water valve on one of the water lines going to the bar sink in the dining room broke and was spraying water inside the cupboard.  The cabinet was soaked and the water was pouring downstairs.  Luckily Mike was already on his way home from work and he told me how to turn off the water.  Thankfully it went into the storage room which does not have a finished ceiling or carpet or trim and it was in the middle of the room only splashing plastic bins, so nothing was ruined.  Mike was able to replace the valve and we got everything dried out.  I tell ya it's always something!!  Hoping for things to go smooth and we have a productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment