Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rain Garden

Today we got the rest of the fill for the rain garden delivered and put into the rain garden spot.  I got it all spread out and Mike did the final smooth.  I thought it would be cool to put cat tails in since it is a rain garden, but when I went up to Gertens to get them today they said that they spread rapidly and maybe the spot we want to put them is not wet enough.  I decided to just get the one that they had to try it out and put other grass there.  We had some tall grass by the garage that was planted in way too close so I took those out and split them and planted them along the fence line in the rain garden with the special little cat tail in the middle.  I put down some mulch and grass seed and it is done!  YAY!

Mike started prepping to put up the soffits on the addition, this is the last thing we are trying to get done so that space will be closed in or bug free.

Fill dropped off
Total fashionista :)
Smoothing it out

Plantin' grass
Lil' helper!

Done!
Grow seed Grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment