Saturday, October 10, 2015

Last Wall Framed - Family Room (10/9/15)

Today Mike framed up the last wall in the house in the family room downstairs!  It's so exciting!  It's strange to just get enough lumber for this last wall and not get extra because we'll use it in the next room.  It's strange that as we finish each little thing we can start putting tools and supplies away because they won't be used much anymore.  We'll be calculating how much of the last sheetrock we will need next and just get enough to finish the hall to Evan's room and the family room, then the sheetrocking will be done!  Prior to this project I had one painting shirt and one painting pair of pants, now I have a whole wardrobe of "work" clothes that I wear daily.  It'll be strange not to wear them daily, I'm a little sad.....wait no I'm not...ha!!!!  


We also did a lot of the electrical.  We have a framing and electrical inspection on Monday, looking forward to getting that done and putting up the last of the sheetrock!

I finished mudding the wall on the left side going down the steps, so that is ready to be sanded and painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment