Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Appraisal (10/12/17)

We were ecstatic to get what we did for our house, however there is a chance that the house may not appraise for that much since it is in an older neighborhood.  Our realtor warned us about this and it's been something that has been bothering me since we started this process.  There are not a lot of comps to match up with ours, so until I get that appraisal I don't feel comfortable that it's all going to work out.  The appraiser came on Thursday, October 12th.  The Bailey house was done on a Friday and we had the results back on Monday, so I was hoping to hear by Monday if not sooner.  The weekend went by with nothing, Monday comes around and we get a request for another appraisal on Tuesday.  What, why!?!?! We asked and the only thing they could say is the one previously done was not valid and the bank ordered this one.  So I left the house on Tuesday for the new appraisal, when I returned after the hour appointment they requested there was not a business card left on the counter.  I'm not sure if anyone came or not.  A couple more days go by and we still don't have the results of the appraisal.

No comments:

Post a Comment