Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Dream House!

Mike and I toured some renovated homes on the Parade of Homes tour this past weekend.  I found one that I absolutely fell in love with the style and want my house to look exactly like it!  

The builder is: http://davealanhomes.com/ The address is 4012 Kipling Ave, Edina.  Of course the website does not have pictures of that exact house, but I will be stalking it to see if they add any :)

It had beautiful dark wood floors, with a dull finish.  All white trim, open concept.  The stairs going up and down were also the dark wood with a carpet runner down the middle.  On the landing going upstairs there was a built in book shelf and window above it - I absolutely loved everything about the house!!!  It had so much pretty detail!  And of course it had a front porch which is what I want the most!

Our addition is finally in sight!!!  We have a budget and are now figuring out how to make our wants and needs fit into it.  So stay tuned to hopefully a lot of planning posts coming up!!

Today marks the day that we have finally finished business with our old house.  2 YEARS LATER!!  What a ride it was, I'm so glad to close that chapter and move on!  It's fitting to now be making plans for the addition, our original hope was to wait about 4 years before doing it, but things seem to be falling into place sooner, which is very welcomed!  When this process started we had 2 kids, plans for a third but since we didn't have that 3rd in the making yet, out of sight out of mind was hard to picture in a tiny little house!  So....I am very ready for this!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment