Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Figuring Things Out

Right now the budget is feeling a little bit daunting.  But....we really don't know until we can get the plans drawn up and start getting bids on things.  

Listening to an old classic song I love ("Nothings Gonna Stop Us" by Starship - I know I'm a dork), there's a line in it that needs to be my new motto :) "We can build this dream together, standing strong forever, nothings gonna stop us now"  Corny I know, but this is going to be a crazy journey and as my super supportive sister-in-law, Ami, says "You have to keep a smile in your heart throughout this whole process."

The plan is figure out the cost of materials and things that Mike cannot do; then fill things in that we can contract out to make things go faster as the budget allows.  

A few plan idea's have been drawn up, but not one that I felt comfortable with and wouldn't feel like I was settling for.  The other night I sat down with the computer and told Mike we are figuring this out once and for all!  I've had this vision in my head for some time now of what I want it to be, all the plans I've seen so far are not that and I am determined to get what I want :)

So we did come up with a plan I love!!  



I really hope we can get it to work out!  It has that open concept that I want and all the things on my wish list.  The kids rooms will be downstairs and we are still figuring out the layout for that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment