Saturday, October 13, 2012

Planning, planning, planning

The day has FINALLY come to start planning for our addition!!!  We had John and Lori over tonight to start our planning process.  Lori will be drawing up our plans for the addition.  We discussed all options that we have in mind and how they may possibly work with the budget we have.  Our budget seems large to me, but addition-wise may not cut it for what we want.  

3 options we've been kicking around:
1) Add on 12 feet on the back and then a second story addition over the entire thing, adding 4 bedrooms upstairs.
2) Just going back 12 week, having 3 bedrooms on main floor, and still one bedroom in the basement.
3) Not go back at all but add a second story with 4 bedrooms.

Each option has pros and cons.  I go back and forth if I want all 4 bedrooms together upstairs.  It is ideal right now while the kids are small, but time flies and I fear when the kids are in their teens they will be in the phase of I want to be left alone and would love to be in the basement away from mom and dad; and when we are older and the kids are moved out, what are we going to do with all those bedrooms?  I love the idea of a big rambler, I love our closeness now.....ok we have a little too much closeness now because it is so small, but things are simple and all right there.  

Lori came up with a 4th option tonight that I really like and never considered.  Going back the 12 feet, adding a second story with 3 bedrooms (dormer style), and having a master bedroom on the main floor.  I love this idea!  The kids are all together and we have our own space!  When they are a little older they will have each other and not mom and dad next door!  So I can't wait to see what Lori comes up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment