Monday, January 3, 2011

Injuries (12/28/10 and 12/29/10)

My graceful self ran right into the treadmill on Tuesday morning!  I was carrying a box with a bunch of stuff piled up on top of it and basically the treadmill jumped right out in front of me!  It hurt all day long but not that much.  Later I picked up the kids from daycare, brought them home and have them dinner and a bath.  The pain was starting to get worse and by the time I got over to the house to get some more trim painted I could barely walk.  Mike took one look at me and said that I needed to go home and rest my foot!  I iced it all night and that helped a lot, by morning it was almost completely better!  I guess I got a night off!  Mike tore out the "entertainment" area that was downstairs since Kate was home with me and he could make some noise!  He also removed the tile in the laundry room area that was coming up already.

Then the next night Mike cut his finger!!  He was trying to trim down a light switch cover plate with a utilty knife, it slipped and got his finger up by his knuckle.  It looked like he needed stiches but of course he refused to go in!  He went up to Walmart and got some supplies to fix it all up and is now taking care of it, I sure hope it heals up nicely!

We brought all the trim home so I could paint it out in the garage and Mike could start the sanding process on the floor.  It would be very noisy and kids really couldn't be there so at least I could be home with them but still get things done.  Also, the stain for the floor is very stinky!

No comments:

Post a Comment